Etisalat has now been changed to 9mobile but this Free Facebook plan and subscription code should work on your 9mobile line without any issues.
In a bid to help its customers stay connected with their loved once, Etisalat introduced the Etisalat free Facebook package. You will also have access to some basic internet service for free.
If you are like me that enjoys free things, surely you will like this one. But come to think of it, who doesn’t like free things. If you want to know more about the Etisalat free Facebook, continue reading.
Airtel was the first telecom service in Nigeria to partner with Facebook to offer her customer free Facebook browsing. Now, Etisalat users and also enjoy free Facebook browsing, better late than never.
Free Facebook was unveiled in more than 10 countries in 2015 giving many internet users an opportunity to access the internet free of charge. A lot of Facebook users have enjoyed this free Facebook feature since it was first unveiled.
With no data or Airtime, you can still access Facebook for free. And, you don’t have to do any extra configuration. How awesome can life get with Etisalat?
This feature is known as Facebook Flex. It also allows users to switch between free and data mode. Although it has some restrictions, you can still chat, post, comment, and other cool activities. Below you will learn how to use the free basic to browse Facebook and other available websites.
How to use Etisalat Free Facebook
- Ensure your Etisalat sim card is well placed on your mobile phone. Not like I expect you to try this without your sim correctly placed on you sim but it’s just a reminder.
- Make sure your data connection is on. It may be free but your data connection has to be on to be able to use it.
- Open any of your browsers and visit free.facebook.com. You can also access it by launching your facebook app as you normally will. With or without data it will open. Alternatively, you can also visit Facebook directly, remember to turn on your mobile data, open facebook app you will be prompted to choose between browsing free with Facebook free basics or browsing with your active mobile data plan.
What you can’t do on Etisalat Free Facebook
- You can’t watch videos as well as view pictures.
- On Etisalat free basic, you can’t access any website not listed on the free basic website.
Web sites available for free browsing on Etisalat with Facebook free basics
- Mathematics by TeachMe.com
- Nigeria Galleria
- Facts for life
- Free Books by worldreader
- Globalsoccer forum
- I am Purple
- Facebook free data
- Ask A Doctor by Kangpe
- BBC News
How to browse free on Etisalat free basic
- Just like in the section of how to browse Facebook free, you have to start by ensuring your Sim card is well placed on your phone.
- Next, you put on your data connection.
- Open your browser and type http://0.freebasics.com
- You need to accept the terms and condition and click on Continue
- A list displaying the sites which you can browse for free will be shown. Click on any of them and start browsing.
Official statement from Facebook on Free basics
With Free Basics, Internet.org is making it safer for people to connect to the websites and services they care about by encrypting information wherever possible. Several months ago we announced support for services using HTTPS in the Free Basics Android app, and today, we’re adding support for HTTPS services on the web version as well.
And even if the service you access only runs over HTTP, we encrypt that information between our servers and any device that supports HTTPS. Today we’re also announcing a new name for the app and mobile website — Free Basics by Facebook. We’re making this change to better distinguish the Internet.org initiative from the programs and services we’re providing, including Free Basics.
Anyone currently using the app will be able to continue using the Android app, though it will now be called Free Basics by Facebook in Google Play. And the mobile web version, which will redirect from the previous URL, can be accessed at FreeBasics.com
Statement from Etisalat Officials
Director, Digital Business, Etisalat Nigeria, Adia Sowho, said the introduction of the new service was borne out of the company’s firm commitment to continually develop innovative solutions that can improve the lives of Nigerians by leveraging the power of technology.
She said, “We are happy to announce that we now offer our subscribers free access to Facebook any time so they can stay in touch with their friends and family members 24/7. The service is available through the Facebook app or web browser and is flexible and user-friendly. The new feature, Facebook Flex, gives real-time access without having to pay data charges”.
She continued by saying, “This partnership with Facebook will further help to boost broadband utilization in Nigeria by reducing affordability barriers while at the same time increasing access of more Nigerians to the Internet. This is a perfect fit for our vision at Etisalat to continue to leverage innovation as a tool to improve the lives of Nigerians and empower communities.” This is according to techcabal.
If you find this post helpful, you can share it with others, as well as let us know about your experience using Etisalat free Facebook plan.